, 2022-11-06 21:27:00,
Hi all. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your fresh copy of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily, fresh off the presses. Let’s get this Monday started off right with a quick guide to everything you need to know about what’s happening these days in town, including updates on…
- 📅 Local events coming up this week.
- 🎖️ Woodstock’s Veterans Day Ceremony.
- 🎨 The Mini Maker’s Market is on Thursday!
But first, today’s weather:
A shower in the morning; fog. High: 81 Low: 63.
Here are the top three stories in Woodstock-Towne Lake today:
- To honor America’s veterans, the City of Woodstock is holding the annual Veterans Day Ceremony Friday, November 11, in The Park at City Center. The Major General Warren R. Johnson Marine Corps League Detachment #1311 in Woodstock, American Legion Post 316 Woodstock and Warriors’ Watch Riders will be there to celebrate the veterans that have given us the liberty and freedom we hold sacred in our country. The ceremony will start at 7 p.m., and there will be a coffee and donut social afterwards, offering a chance to visit with our local veterans. (Visit Woodstock)
- You can support your local child creatives by shopping at the Mini Maker’s Market on Thursday! Head over to the Woodstock Library on Thursday to check out the arts and crafts on display and purchase some holiday gifts. If your child would like to participate as a vendor, please register by contacting the library at 770-926-5859. Each family will be responsible for a table to display their child’s work and the payment methods used at their table. The market will be open from 5 – 7 p.m. (Sequoyah Regional Library System)
- Woodstock Parks and Recreation is holding a recycling and paper shredding event on November 19. Items that can be accepted for recycling free of charge include electronics, batteries and cell phones. Items that can be brought in for a fee include televisions for $25, projection televisions for $40, CRT monitors for $10 and LCD monitors with broken screens for $5. You can bring your paper and electronic items to the parking lot of Woodstock Elementary School, located at 230 Rope Mill Road, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. This is a cash-only, drive-through event – the team will unload your items for you. (Woodstock Parks and Recreation)
Today in Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- American Red Cross Community Blood Drive: please wear a protective face covering while donating. You can enter the code “RTJones” when you make an appointment by clicking here for…
To read the original article, go to Click here