, 2022-08-31 13:34:06,
For Immediate Release:
DGPT Announces Update To 2022 Playoff Events & Tour Championship Qualification Procedures
August 31st, 2022: The first ever DGPT playoff events are just around the corner. As announced earlier in the year, Discraft’s Green Mountain Championship (GMC) and the MVP Open at Maple Hill (MVP) will serve as the first events in the inaugural DGPT postseason. These playoff events will be weighted more than Elite Series tournaments with 125 points being awarded to the winner vs the 100 points awarded at a standard Elite Series DGPT event. With more points on the line, these events will decide the final seeding going into the Tour Championship in October. The only way to compete in either event is through qualification or sponsor exemption.
The DGPT has made the following adjustments to the qualification procedures for 2022 playoff events:
Field Expansion – the maximum field sizes for GMC and MVP have been slightly increased. Note that both events will have a cut after the third round.
- For GMC, there will be 104 MPO and 52 FPO spots.
- For MVP, there will be 88 MPO and 44 FPO spots.
Qualification Mechanisms – There are 3 ways that players may qualify for participation in a playoff event.
- DGPT Point Standings – sign ups based on tour points will be handled in waves based on DGPT point standings. To qualify for entry based on points, players must rank within the follow parameters:
- GMC: Top 100 MPO, Top 50 FPO
- MVP: Top 72 MPO & Top 36 FPO
- Regional Qualifiers – a series of regional events were selected to award 6 MPO & 3 FPO spots each for GMC and MVP. Players who qualified based on these regional event performances are allowed to register as a part of wave 1 that began on Thursday, August 25th.
- Week-of Qualifiers – both playoff events will run Tuesday qualifiers starting at 7:30 AM. The qualifiers will award a maximum of 8 MPO spots & 4 FPO spots, or fill both fields to the total allotment (whichever comes first).
- GMC qualifying will be held at Brewster Ridge on each division’s respective layout.
- MVP qualifying will be held on the 2022 DGPT Maple Hill layout for each division
- Registration for the week-of qualifiers will cost $50 and is limited to 52 MPO spots (950 minimum rating) and 20 FPO spots (850 minimum rating).
- Online registration (tiered based on rating) will be available. If there are spots left over, players can register in person on Tuesday morning.
Exemptions – for each playoff…
To read the original article, go to Click here