, 2023-04-10 19:56:00,
Hello, neighbors! It’s me, Nina, your host of the Patch newsletter. Let’s get this Tuesday started off right with a quick review of the most important things going on around town, including updates on:
- The scheduled overhaul of Chambers Street has begun.
- Head out into the light and get some fine, fresh produce.
- Share your thoughts on the Comprehensive Plan draft tonight.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and nice. High: 73 Low: 43.
📈 Interested in reaching our highly engaged readers with targeted messaging that drives proven results for local businesses? I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Woodstock-Towne Lake who want to build awareness, connect with customers, and increase sales. If that’s you, click here to learn more.
Here are the top four stories in Woodstock-Towne Lake today:
- As of yesterday’s groundbreaking, the construction project to extend Chambers Street in Downtown Woodstock is on track, full steam ahead. Phase I of the Woodstock City Center project will make room for two-way traffic on Chambers Street, eventually creating a street connection to Dupree Road. During this first phase of the project, the stretch of East Main Street from Arnold Mill Road to Wheeler Street will be closed to traffic, with the construction expected to tie up in September. Future work on the City Center project will see the redevelopment of around four acres on the corner of East Main Street and Arnold Mill Road and will include the creation of a hotel and conference center, shops, restaurants and a six-story parking deck. (Subscription: Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News)
- We could all use some nice, fresh, local produce in our lives, so it’s a good thing it’s farmers market season in Georgia! The Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News put together a compilation of the markets around the area, and most are right here in our county. In neighboring Canton, the Farmers Market at River Church is open every Tuesday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 2335 Sixes Road. The Mill on Etowah is holding its Tuesday Market at The Mill every Tuesday from 3 – 7 p.m. at 225 Reformation Parkway. The Canton Farmers Market, at 251 E. Marietta Street, is opening up on June 3, and it will be open Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. And of course, right here at home, we have the Farm. Fresh. Market. every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – noon. The downtown market opens up on April 22 and will be held on Market Street each week. (Subscription: Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News)
- It’s time to share your…
To read the original article from patch.com, Click here