🌱 Summer Reading Program Kick-Off + New Disc Golf Course At Park
, 2023-05-15 16:37:30,
Hello all. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new copy of the Lansing-East Lansing Patch newsletter, fresh off the presses. Let’s get this Tuesday started off right with a quick review of everything you need to know about what’s happening these days in town.
But first, your local weather:
- Tuesday: Breezy with clouds and sun. High: 78 Low: 45.
- Wednesday: Sunny and not as warm. High: 65 Low: 42.
🏘️ Looking to differentiate yourself from other real estate agents in Lansing-East Lansing? Partner with the Lansing-East Lansing Patch and gain access to a targeted, engaged audience through our premium newsletter sponsorships. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Lansing-East Lansing today:
- The East Lansing Public Library is just about finished preparing the summer reading program for this year. The theme of this year’s program is “All Together Now.” The program kicks off this year on Jun. 5, and it will be welcomed with an event at the library from 5-8 p.m. with two identical performances from the Striped Circus. All participants who complete the program will receive a prize and be entered into the grand prize drawing, early registration opens on May 17, and you can sign-up either in person or online. Along with the theme “All Together Now,” celebrating the 100 birthday of the library, there will be several different collection drives for non-profits throughout the summer with the goal of collecting 100 items for each cause. (FOX 47 News Lansing – Jackson)
- The winners are officially in for the East Lansing Martin Luther King Jr. Art Contest that local artists competed in across three different levels. At the middle school level, Luca Grace Lommatzsch won, and at the high school level, Sarah Ann Sochay won. Lastly, at the adult level, Travon Hoskins was the winner. There were 14 total entries amongst all three levels. The winning works of art will be on display at the NAMI Center City Art Display starting this coming Saturday, and the public reception for the contest will be held at The Edge in East Lansing on Jun. 14. (WLNS)
- Lake Lansing Park is welcoming a new audience to come and enjoy their day as a new 18-hole disc golf course is officially open for enjoyment. The course “Tadpole Beach” is friendly for all players, whether you are a beginner or an experienced golfer. Each hole is a par three and between 120 and 300 feet. This is one of the only dedicated spaces for disc golf in Ingham County, and it is expected to…
To read the original article from patch.com, Click here
Private Internet Access gives you unparalleled access to thousands of next-gen servers in over 83 countries and each US state. Your VPN experience will always be fast, smooth, and reliable.