Chiefs Heiress Gracie Hunt Celebrates Another AFC Title, Eagles Fan Pukes Everywhere & Bengals Fan Ends Up In Cuffs – OutKick
, 2023-01-30 08:03:53,
Videos by OutKick
That one might be tougher to take than the Super Bowl loss
As I sit here this morning digesting what happened last night, all I can think about is how (1.) It’s so damn hard for your NFL team to get to the conference title game and (2.) Your window in the NFL can close so quickly.
The Super Bowl loss was hard, but it was the year when the Bengals weren’t supposed to be anywhere near the Lombardi trophy. This year, the franchise wobbled between being a road favorite in KC to a 1.5-point dog to a team with a quarterback who couldn’t push off his back foot. This was it. This was the break they needed to advance.
And then the Bengals allowed a guy who couldn’t push the ball down the field to carve them up by going 29 of 43 for 326 yards and two touchdowns. There were very few moments where there was pressure on Mahomes and Cincinnati paid the price.
Add in the Bengals line not playing anything like they did in Buffalo and you lose football games.
Yes, there were moments when the NFL refs were garbage and I was coming unglued, but the Bengals had the ball with the chance to drive for the game-winning field goal and didn’t get the job done. That’s the NFL.
• Would that game have been different if the Bengals had their Week 13 offensive line? That’s what’s going to sting for awhile.
• The Chiefs ended with four penalties; They’re now averaging five penalties per game for the 2022 season
• I don’t care how many times Tony Romo tries to tell the CBS audience that Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo deserves to be a head coach, it’s not happening. The NFL gods will allow just one defensive coordinator to get a job this offseason and it’ll be DeMeco Ryans in Houston.
• Thankfully, Tony Romo has been sent out to the pasture for the rest of the season as Greg Olsen assumes the color analyst role for the Super Bowl. Olsen is rock solid in his role without having to grunt and make mumble for five minutes to explain a simple thought. I know the money is great for Romo, and he’s working on a 10-year contract, but it really feels like he’s mailed it in. He got the massive contract and now it’s just going through the motions.
• CBS really has a mess of a booth. It’s way too busy….
To read the original article from news.google.com, Click here