, 2022-11-11 14:43:14,
MULLAN, Idaho (Nov. 11, 2022) — Ski and snowboard season officially begins in Idaho tomorrow.
Lookout Pass Ski & Recreation Area near Mullan, Idaho, will be the first Idaho ski area to open this winter for Saturday-Sunday Nov. 12-13. Only nine Western U.S. ski areas have opened this season, with the lifts at six more starting to spin today. Lookout Pass and California’s China Peak will raise the total to 17 ski areas on Saturday.
Chair 1 and Chair 4 will operate from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the limited early season opening at Lookout Pass. Opening weekend rates are only $35 for adults, active military and veterans, and college students, and $25 for youths ages 7-17 and seniors ages 62-79.
Matt Sawyer, marketing and sales director at Lookout Pass, said early season conditions exist and visitors may encounter potential obstacles and areas with thin coverage.
“You should bring equipment you feel matches early season conditions,” Sawyer said. “If all you have is new gear, you may want to wait for more snow.”
Unofficial Networks’ Founder Tim Konrad Skiing Lookout Pass
Groomed trails will include Black Bear, Huckleberry, Gold, Grub Steak, Golden Eagle, and Success. Lookout Pass might open some ungroomed trails, too. It will open The Loft Pub, foodservice, and its snowsports school, too.
Lookout Pass will be closed Monday-Thursday and will reopen Friday Nov. 18 through at least Sunday Nov. 20.
Four more Ski Idaho destinations will open next week, too:
• Grand Targhee Resort in “Wydaho” opens Nov. 18, with its slopeside lodging opening Nov. 17.
• Pomerelle Mountain Resort will begin weekend operations Nov. 18 and daily operations Dec. 16, with night skiing commencing Dec. 27.
• Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area will open its hike park Nov. 19, and the lifts will begin turning Nov. 24.
• Schweitzer will offer skiers and boarders a sneak peek Nov. 19-20, with daily operations starting Nov. 25.
Another four Idaho ski areas will open for Thanksgiving weekend:
• Sun Valley Resort will open for Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, with the lifts on Dollar Mountain beginning to turn Dec. 9.
• Brundage Mountain Resort will open Nov. 25. It is currently taking reservations for its backcountry snowcat operations.
• Kelly Canyon Resort hopes to open Nov. 25 for its first Thanksgiving weekend ever thanks to new, state-of-the-art snowmaking capabilities.
• Silver Mountain Resort will open Nov. 25.
A half-dozen more Ski…
To read the original article, go to Click here