, 2022-12-05 08:15:09,
Here at Sox On 35th, we boast a talented and passionate team of contributors that provides coverage all year long. To help you get familiar with our staff, we will be rolling out our “Meet the Team” article series throughout the offseason. In this edition, we get to know our Tim Moran.
Hey everyone! My name is Tim Moran, and I’m a Senior Contributor for Sox On 35th. I’m a bit of an outlier, as I grew up in the Northwest suburbs with my father and nearly all of my close friends being Cubs fans. Thankfully my mother raised me the right way, and here I am now writing on the South Siders.
I became interested in sports journalism after joining my high school newspaper, and after a few years held the title of Sports Editor. After starting with another small Chicago sports blog, I made my way to Sox On 35th the summer before heading off to college at The University of Notre Dame. Little did I know our very own Jordan Lazowski was set to be my freshman-year RA! At that point, we were mostly just a popular Sox Twitter page, so it’s been wonderful to see the growth of the page in multiple areas during my four-and-a-half years.
You’ll see me write recaps fairly often during the season, but my favorite articles to write are long-form analysis pieces. They may not always get as many views, but I genuinely appreciate those who take the time to read them and engage in any conversation. Regardless, I appreciate all South Siders who interact with us in any way!
- Page Role: Senior Contributor
- Hometown: Palatine, IL
- Current Town: Chicago, IL
- Education: Computer Science – University of Notre Dame
- Favorite White Sox Player: Tim Anderson currently, Paul Konerko overall. Both are popular choices for obvious reasons, but I especially love TA7 because we share the same name, favorite number, and position.
- Favorite non-White Sox Players: Shohei Ohtani, Joey Votto, Trevor Williams, and now Jose Abreu (sad face).
- Favorite Thing About Being a White Sox Fan: I love our ballpark experience. Transportation to the park is easy, food options are plentiful and tasty, many games are fairly cheap, and the crowd knows their baseball.
- Least Favorite Baseball Team:
Chicago White SoxCleveland Guardians.
- Favorite White Sox Uniform: The new Southside City Edition jerseys are just too clean.
- “Mount Rushmore” of White Sox Players: Frank Thomas, Minnie Minoso, Luke…
To read the original article, go to Click here