, 2023-03-21 14:14:17,
The Cedar Park-Leander area is a place like no other. And whether you grew up here, recently moved to the area or you’re just an occasional visitor, you know that the Cedar Park-Leander area has its own special traditions and history that make it so unique.
A few things to know:
- Cedar Park was once known as Running Brushy, named after a nearby creek that had many wildflowers growing along its banks. And Leander was once known as Bagdad, named after a settler who came from Bagdad, Iraq. Visitors can learn more about the city’s past at the Leanderthal Lady Site, a prehistoric archeological site.
- Cedar Park is home to the H-E-B Center, which hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, sporting events and family shows. The arena is also home to the Texas Stars, the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars.
- Leander is the home of Crystal Falls Golf Club, which features 18 holes of championship golf, as well as a clubhouse with a pro shop and restaurant. The course offers stunning views of the Hill Country and is a popular spot for golfers of all skill levels.
- Cedar Park is just a short drive from Lake Travis, a popular destination for boating, fishing and swimming. Visitors can also enjoy scenic drives along the lake, as well as hiking trails and picnicking areas. And for those looking for a bit of adventure, Lake Travis Zipline Adventures offers guided zipline tours that take visitors soaring over the lake and through the trees.
- Cedar Park houses Veterans Memorial Park, which honors veterans from all branches of the U.S. military. The park features a variety of memorials, including a bronze statue of a soldier and a memorial wall with the names of fallen soldiers.
- Cedar Park is known for its vibrant local food scene, with a variety of restaurants offering everything from Texas-style barbecue to international cuisine. Visitors can also explore the city’s breweries and wineries, which offer tastings and tours of their facilities.
- The Devine Lake Park in Leander features a fishing lake, playgrounds, picnic areas and a splash pad. The park also has a trail system that winds through wooded areas and around the lake, offering beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visitors can explore the Cedar Park Sculpture Garden, which features a collection of outdoor sculptures created by local and national artists. The garden is free and open to the public and visitors can enjoy a self-guided tour of the sculptures…
To read the original article from patch.com, Click here