, 2022-10-06 23:30:00,
Many of you have asked questions and today we’ll try to answer some of them.
Frank Liske Park Barn taking shape. Two questions come up often: 1. When will the Frank Liske Park Barn reopen? And 2. Will there be a silo on the rebuilt barn?
The barn is taking shape after a slow start to the rebuild after fire set by an arsonist destroyed the original barn. Cabarrus County said the barn will be open to the public in June, 2023.
I was up there Wednesday and a lot of progress has been made.
Yes there will be a silo. It hasn’t gone up yet. There will be one different. There will be no stairs inside like the old one.
Concord bonds package on the ballot Nov. 8. The City of Concord has a $60 million general revenue bond package being considered. The financing would be used to renovate existing parks and build new parks (nine total).
People are also reading…
If approved and property values remain the same, it would cost taxpayers in the city up to 3 cents on the tax rate. When consider the Eli Lilly and all the other big projects being built along with sky-high house prices, the chances of property value remaining the same or declining is very slim.
Concord has developed master plans on all the parks and could begin construction more quickly with the additional financing. Here are a few highlights of the project:
• Expansion of Academy-Gibson Park would include a skate park, expansion of the swimming pool and renovations of Academy Rec Center.
• Caldwell Park would include a new playground, tennis courts, new basketball courts, more greenway connections and new shelters.
• The David Phillips Park off Burrage Road would get nature trails, a playground, more of the McEachern Greenway and a restroom building.
• Parking at Jim Dorton Park off Poplar Tent Road would be expanded along with expansion of disc golf, construction of a section of the Coddle Creek Greenway and stream bank restoration.
• A splash pad would be coming to Hartsell Park along with picnic areas and field improvements.
• Jim Ramseur Park construction would include pickle ball courts (there are others in the works at other parks too), an amphitheater, splash pad and a dog park. This new park is in the Cox Mill part of…
To read the original article, go to Click here