, 2023-03-22 13:43:49,
Upper Macungie is a place like no other. And whether you grew up here, recently moved to the area or you’re just an occasional visitor, you know that Upper Macungie has its own special traditions and history that make it so unique.
A few things to know:
- Did you know that Upper Macungie was originally inhabited by the Lenni Lenape Native Americans? Evidence of their presence can still be found in the form of artifacts such as arrowheads and pottery. Today, visitors can learn more about the history of the area at the Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum.
- For those looking for outdoor recreation, Upper Macungie has plenty of options. The Lone Lane Park is a popular spot for walking and picnicking, while Upper Macungie Park has baseball fields and a disc golf course. The nearby Trexler Nature Preserve is also a must-visit for nature lovers.
- If you’re in need of some retail therapy, you’ll love the Hamilton Crossings shopping center in nearby Allentown. This outdoor mall features a variety of popular stores such as Target, Ulta Beauty and Dick’s Sporting Goods, as well as several dining options.
- If you’re interested in aviation, Upper Macungie is right by the Lehigh Valley International Airport. The airport serves the greater Lehigh Valley area and offers flights to several major cities in the US.
- Upper Macungie has a rich agricultural heritage and visitors can still see evidence of this today. The Fogelsville Dam is a popular spot for fishing and the surrounding farmland is home to several produce stands and farmers markets.
- Upper Macungie is located near several popular tourist destinations, including Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom and the Lehigh Valley Zoo. These spots offer a variety of family-friendly activities, making them a great choice for visitors with kids.
- Upper Macungie is home to the 13-acre Grange Park, a popular destination for community events and recreation. The park features a playground, picnic areas, sports fields and a pavilion that can be rented for events. During the summer months, the park hosts outdoor movies, concerts and other fun activities.
- Upper Macungie is located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country and visitors can learn more about this unique culture at the Kutztown Folk Festival. This annual festival, located down the road in Kutztown, features traditional crafts, food and music, as well as demonstrations of Pennsylvania Dutch life.
- If you’re interested in the arts, be sure to visit the Baum School of Art in Allentown,…
To read the original article from patch.com, Click here